Tuesday, May 31, 2011

More dresses, more movies.

Despite this weekend being a COMPLETE
disaster and over all waste of a four day
weekend, I managed to have a few highlights.

The move went smoothly and
the house is clean.
Woot.

Friday night I went drunk shopping with
my lobster and even though she didn't get
drunk, I had a grand time. Ha.
I also discovered that I like the incredible
hulk drink and that if I haven't eaten all
day, I get plastered from one shot.

Here are some of the dresses I almost
ripped trying on.

The girl running the fitting rooms
was wearing this dress and I asked
her wear she got it cause it was so cute.
She pointed to the front of the store
and took my clothes to put in the dressing
room.
Apparently I already had the dress
in my pile and was so drunk I
completely forget.
She held it up and looked at me like
I was retarded.
But I bought it so screw her.


Cute in the picture but was too poofy for me.


Cute on the hanger, hideous on.


Still no lead on a dress for the weddings yet.

In other news, I bought a coffee table and
made my house look all pretty.

Had a nice cook out at the rents yesterday,
and went to the ledges with Eric.
This weekend was also filled with Eric
type movies.
I'm such a nice girlfriend.



In this horror remake, young writer Jennifer finds life
at her rented retreat perfect for
working on her first novel.
But her enthusiasm is shattered by her vicious rape.
Now, the local thugs responsible
will face an excruciating fate.
Jennifer's attackers command developmentally
disabled Matthew to kill her,
 but he fakes the murder,
leaving the scarred writer to
carry out a gruesome plot for revenge.

Genre: Cult horror, Slasher
Stars: Three

After getting through the ridiculously
uncomfortable rape scenes
the movie wasn't all that bad.
All about woman empowerment movies
and the way this woman destroys
all the sexist men was pretty
damn sweet.
The way she killed everyone was
pretty creative.
Over all it was a pretty ok horror flick.



A group of Norwegian friends get the scariest
history lesson of their lives during a weekend getaway
to the snowy town of Øksfjord,
where the party is interrupted by throngs
of Nazi zombies who once occupied the area.
Armed with a machine-gun-equipped snowmobile,
the gang fights for survival in director Tommy
Wirkola's quirky horror, shot on location in the
mountains of Norway. The film had its U.S.
premiere at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival.

Genre: Zombies, Foreign Horror
Stars: Two

I'm pretty picky about movies I have to
read and let me tell you, white subtitles
in snow, not good movie making.
The acting was sketchy, the effects
were pretty bad, an it started off
some what slow.
It was more comedic than scary but
I expected that.
I fell asleep near the end but I can
rarely watch a whole movie anymore.
It was "ok".

I have to throw some old horror movies
in the mix if I'm going to rent movies
like Legend of the Guardians:
The owls of Gahool and
other kids movies, romantic comedies
etc. etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment