Monday, June 20, 2011

Art With a Hint of Movie Monday.

So over the weekend I got my old art
table back from my parents house.
I set it up in my new office and it looks
so good next to my new roll top desk :)
(pictures will come when the room is done)

A long time ago I told myself that
I didn't have room for my table and
that was ok because I really didn't
have time for art either.
I had gotten two jobs right out
of high school
and my art supplies grew dustier
every day.
Since then I've become so rusty
that getting back in the groove will
be no easy feat.
Be that as it may, my mom and
I were talking about the business
and she had a very "mom" moment
when she said "Tj, you should
really start thinking of what you want to
do with your life. I know you like your
job but you don't love it."
and just walked away.
Leaving me baffled and wondering if she
was right.
But she is mom and mom is always right.

I took this job right out of high school
because it is a family business and I thought
that's just what you do.
Plus it was easy.

As weird as it sounds, taking that art
table last night was almost
like making my decision official.
I had left it at my parents so long that
bringing it back into my life made it real
and made me think "Shit, my life is
about to get real hard."

Today I'll be on the phone with someone
who is going to tell me what I need to do
to get my Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Wish me luck and stuff.

On a lighter note:
MOVIE MONDAY



Four quirky young friends -- led by Piper,
who is searching for the daughter
she had to give up for adoption --
share touching moments and laughter about
their personal struggles as they work at a
small sandwich shop in Santa Cruz, Calif.
Meanwhile, pretty Tish makes a sport of sex,
and quiet Jen embarks on an online romance,
both to the commentary of smart-mouthed
buddy Priestley.

Genre: Indie comedy, Romance
Stars: Four

Fantastic.
So fun and entertaining.
Funny and smart.
Just a good indie flick.
I'm probably pretty bias with my love
for them, but this movie is the reason
I love them so much.
Not a lot to say other than, if you're
also a fan of the genre, you should
watch it too.


I've also watch a lot of documentaries
lately.
The one I like the most was on the
American horror movie.
So if you get a chance, check it out.

One last note on the side:
Recently a friend asked me
why I decided to start spelling my name
instead of leaving it "TJ".
(Shocker, Teejay isn't how you really
spell it)
So I told her it was because I decided
that my life was just too complicated
for only two letters.
That if my name was an accurate depiction
of my life, two letters wouldn't cut it.
Needless to say it made her laugh and
at the time it was a joke on my part
as well.
But the more I thought about it the more
I realized just how true that statement was.

I think I may need to start adding MORE
letters to my name... Ha.




No comments:

Post a Comment